. Standing Committees:
- c) Membership Committee. The Membership Committee coordinates recruitment and retention of members in League activities while ensuring that member data is accurate.
- d) Communications Committee. The Communications Committee works to ensure clear, concise, timely and accurate communications from the League that are in alignment with national and state league communication policies.
Voter Services Committee. The Voter Services committee coordinates actions that encourage the education and active participation of the public in voter registration, voting access, voter rights and election issues. For additional information about the Voter Services Committee, CLICK HERE
- f) Development Committee. The development committee coordinates fundraising activities as directed by the board.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Justice Committee. The diversity, equity, inclusion and justice committee coordinates activities to fulfill the Thurston League’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and to advocate for enhanced equity at every level of government.
Section 2. Ad Hoc Committees. Other committees may be appointed by the board as needed.
Roster Manager-- Carolyn Odio -- [email protected]
Volunteer Coordinator -- Shelley Ferer -- [email protected]
The main goal of the Membership Committee is to recruit, involve and retain members in League activities while ensuring that member data is accurate. We believe that the key to the membership committee success is enthusiasm, patience and persistence. Membership activities include:
- Planning and coordinating special events that welcome new members and keeps current members engaged
- Directing members to volunteer opportunities
- Producing and publishing the annual Handbook and Membership Directory
- In 2017 year we began holding events to inform and engage all our members including Coffee with the League. We are planning to expand these types of eventIns.
Development -- Julie Frick -- [email protected]
The main goal of this committee is to coordinate development and fund-raising activities as directed by the board.
Advocacy/Lobby Team -- Paula Holroyde -- [email protected]
Members of the League of Women Voters are encouraged to be informed about, and advocate for, policy issues consistent with League Principles and Positions. During the Legislative Session, statewide issues are also brought to the fore, by coordination with and guidance of the State Lobby Team.
The nominating committee shall consist of five members. The chairperson and two members, who shall not be members of the board, shall be elected at the annual meeting from among nominations made by the existing nominating committee. Two additional members shall be members of the board of directors appointed by the board at the first board meeting following the annual meeting.
A budget committee shall be appointed by the board of directors at least two months prior to the annual meeting. The treasurer shall be an ex officio member of the budget committee but shall not be eligible to serve as chair. The committee will prepare a budget for the ensuing year. The proposed budget shall be sent to all members two weeks before the annual meeting.
Community Driven Ag Review
Speak Out for Equity Committee
Although there is not a formal Observer Corps at this time, individual members do attend and report informally on a number of local governmental bodies.
To see a guide to observing government in action,