The League of Women Voters of Thurston County (LWVTC) believes that democratic government depends upon informed and active participation. Our community and our democracy depend on our ability to communicate and govern - ourselves and our country.
Each of us can take responsibility for our own part, how each of us communicates and navigates conflict – with our family, our friends, our neighbors, co-workers and more.
The Dispute Resolution Center staff will guide us through skill-building steps to enhance capacities to handle conflict and better understand how to manage triggering situations.
Open to the public - Join us for a lively discussion, ideas and skill-building to:
- Hear how seasoned state legislative leaders successfully crafted bipartisan legislation.
- Build common ground using effective communication.
- Create responsive strategies during contentious interactions.
- Understand when and how to dialogue.
- Moderator: Senator Karen Fraser (Retired) – Democrat from the State Capitol area. Represented the 22nd Legislative District and served as Democratic Caucus Chair.
- Representative Lynn Kessler (Retired) – Democrat from coastal Washington. Represented the 24th Legislative District. Served as House Democratic Caucus Leader.
- Senator Linda Parlette (Retired) – Republican from central Washington. Represented the 12th Legislative District. Served as Republican Leader and Republican Caucus Chair.
Facilitator: Jody M. Suhrbier - Executive Director, Dispute Resolution Center of Thurston County. Past President and Member of Resolution Washington. Executive Member of the Board of Directors: National Association for Community Mediation.
Sponsored by LWVTC and the Dispute Resolution Center of Thurston County on Zoom:
Thursday, November 4, from 6:00-8:00 pm
A zoom link will be email a few days before the event.