The 2020 IMPORTANT ELECTION DATES
- PRIMARY ELECTION on AUGUST 4 (deadline to register except in person July 27). This is for national, state and local races, excluding the Presidential race.
- GENERAL ELECTION on NOVEMBER 3 (deadline to register except in person October 26).
Detailed information about who will be running in these elections and our League is doing to inform voters about various races and candidates, click here to get to our Candidates and Forums page.
Dates to be aware of:
July 17 -- Primary Starts
Aug 4 -- Primary Ballots Due
August 18 -- 19th Amendment Anniversary
Sept 22 -- National Voter Registration Day
Oct 16 -- General Election Starts
Nov 3 -- General Ballots Due
Check out Vote411.org for information about registering and voting.
Please share this message with five (or more) contacts and ask them to do the same.
___________ Take a look at the LWVWA and Spokesman Review tabloid "YOUR VOTE" to see how powerful your vote is.
The League of Women Voters publishes a Citizen's Directory of Elected Officials each year, called "They Represent You." This valuable resource provides a complete list of all local, state, and federal representatives who serve the citizens of Thurston County. View and download the PDF version of 2020 They Represent You.
Other helpful voter resources
- Online Voter Registration for Residents of Washington State website
- Thurston County Auditor website
- Secretary of State, Elections & Voting website
- For impartial, non-partisan information about judicial candidates, including endorsements, interviews, donations and media coverage go to www.votingforjudges.org. Choose your county and they will give you a list of your elections choices