Communications – Contact R. Peggy Smith, email@example.com
LWV-TC Communications Committee functions to keep League members, potential members, friends, and allies apprised of what good work LWV-TC is doing and to provide information about opportunities for member involvement in League-related activities and functions. Committee members do this by way of:
- Newsletter (Voter) generation and publication
- Website content development and maintenance
- Facebook postings
- Public relations for events and meetings.
Membership - Contact Darlene Hein, firstname.lastname@example.org
The main goal of the Membership Committee is to recruit, involve and retain members in League activities while ensuring that member data is accurate. We believe that the key to the membership committee success is enthusiasm, patience and persistence. Membership activities include:
- Planning and coordinating special events that welcome new members and keeps current members engaged
- Directing members to volunteer opportunities
- Producing and publishing the annual Handbook and Membership Directory
- In 2017 year we began holding events to inform and engage all our members including Coffee with the League. We are planning to expand these types of events.
Observer Corps - Contact Pat Dickason, email@example.com
Observer Corps members provide a consistent League presence at meetings of governmental bodies in Thurston Count. This adds to both the League's visibility and credibility. A local League observer is the eyes and ears of the League in the community, learning how government works and about issues that are now or may become items for local study and action. Observers do not speak for the League but attend these meetings to listen, learn and to make factual reports of the proceedings.
Current opportunities for observers include: City Councils of Lacey, Olympia and Tumwater; Thurston County Commission, Port of Olympia Commission. Others may be added, depending upon observer interest and availability.
Voter Services - Contact Connie Christy, firstname.lastname@example.org
To achieve its mission of encouraging the informed and active participation of citizens in government, the League of Women Voters of Thurston County uses a variety of methods to carry out voter services. This is the primary way League interacts with the public and demonstrates the values that have been fundamental to League for nearly 100 years. The League educates citizens by offering:
- Voter registration information and resources
- Nonpartisan candidate election forums
- Election issue forums that allow for all sides of the issues to be heard
- Publications that identify all elected officials and their contact information in one source
- Studies that provide thorough analysis of issues.